Monday, March 19, 2007

Fuckin' Rockstar suplimental: The Quincunx CD

Received my much awaited for copy of Quincunx's four kickass tracks: Tellurian Spell, Darklike, Tiny Pearls of Wisdom, + (my personal favorite) Ghetto. Eh?

First: let me say that it totally kicks ass that I can now hear their tracks when I'm in the shower, drifting off to sleep, washing dishes, painting, folding laundry, knitting, eating ramen, or whenever or doing whatever I wanna do. If I flick the lightswitch real quick in my living room it's like I'm staring in my own kickass music video. AND...since I have a tamborine...I can join the band if I so choose, in the privacy of my own home.

Quincunx on disc + My Ghetto Blaster = Good Times on ANY NIGHT!

Second: let me say a little something about the kickass cover art. You gotta imagine this octopus floating in some green ocean water. The picture is incredible...but for some reason...and I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees it this way: An octopus in that flow-y underwater motion where the tentacles are splayed out in a way that exposes that dark underbelly chasm that I believe is the mouth and belly of the octopus...looks like the gapping gash of a five dollar whore, the tentacle suckers resembling sores left behind by dozens (if not hundreds) of johns...crabs after too much itching and scratching festering into infected boil-like sores. I'm not saying it's not hot...in that super dirty $5.00 whore way...I'm just saying it's what I see.