Monday, March 19, 2007

Fuckin' Rockstar XI

Like an Amish teen on the first night of Rumspringa I embark on a journey of my own and find myself drunk...at a Quincunx show in Olympia!

Yep, it's true...Quincunx played a St. Patty's Day gig at McCoys!!

I'm drunk...standing really fucking close to the speakers and the band is playing really fucking loud...my overly sensitive ears believe it was their loudest set yet. And holy Christ was it tight!

Ass Kickin' Kickass Quincunx Bassist Matt Bird was predictably flawless...layin' into his rhythmic sway fingering some kickass riffs. The rest of the guys were great too...Seneca on drums in a pair of Liz Taylor shades, Damien on guitar rockin' steady, and Doug on vocals singin' a bunch of lyrics and stuff. The crowd, their fans, some 200 dancing and screaming like a bunch of spastics begging for more when they finished their set look forward to Olympia being a regular stop on their tour itinerary.