Friday, August 17, 2007

fuckin' rockstar XIV

found this in the bottom of my purse scrawled on the back of a coaster...I was enjoying a lot of vodka cranberry cocktails that night...as I was one of the few people in the audience for the next phase of BATTLE OF THE BANDS:

August 15 show at the Mainstage on Lower Queen Anne
Quincunx is second up after Viva Civilian played what seemed like a really loooong set.
Quincunx plays together as "Quincunx" for the LAST TIME with a yoko ono (this sounds a little harsh...but like I said: I was pretty drunk...and although dude isn't breaking up the band...they are taking on a new name...) called kdlang or some such shit.
Kick-ass ass kicking bassist Matt Bird kicks the usual riffs...while the rest of the band deals with new back-up vocals and 2nd guitar (kdlang...riiiight).
(and here's where my writing is too drunk to read): I don't care who wis in this quazi comprehension. Quincunx totally kicks ass in the psycotic cuns aooki. (looks like one of my drunks texts, don't it? I have no idea what I was trying to say...)

Here's what I actually remember of the night:
I got really drunk. I high-fived Jessica, like a lot. I was wearing my Quincunx t-shirt and more than once pushed my boobs together to show someone my (ahem) shirt. Quincunx really did kick ass...it was a great set. the new guy was really good...and I told him afterwards that I was glad he didn't fuck everything up. Morgin took a bunch of pictures.

And I'm really bummed that Quincunx is changing their name.
REALLY REALLY FUCKING BUMMED.