Thursday, January 12, 2006

Rose City Motel - Roseburg, OR

what I wrote in the Motel Journal (November 20, 2005):

We got a good chuckle out of the plaque posted by the door that stated "If you're smoking...you'd better be on FIRE!" Boy howdy did this conjure up some hilariously side splitting images! Thank you for THAT.

Oh...and thank you for "the brave and determined seafaring lad at the ship's wheel LAMP"...he kept us company through our stay and when I'd hear the dog whimpering next door I'd like to imagine he was goofing with that poor pooch telepathically. You'll notice we've left him with a strip of tape over his lips...let's just say I didn't fancy the way he spoke to me when I was dressing this morning. I don't care HOW LONG he's been at sea or HOW LONG it's been since he's shared company with a woman!

The only thing I'd suggest for future guests is that the bed was a bit too firm. I fancy sleeping in a bowl full of moonpies, mallamars, and marshmallows...and this didn't quite live up to my usual motel bed standard...sure it's soft - and it was like being the meat in a gyro as the mattress managed to actually HUG US through our slumber...I'm just sayin' it could have been softer.